Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oregano Oil: The Powerful Healing Herb

In the fall and winter of 2010-11, I would constantly came down with colds, coughs, the flu--once I even threw up at work, making a mess in front of everyone, and was sent home for two days. Sometimes I  simply got run down and couldn't accomplish my daily goals. I couldn't understand why I kept getting sick so often. I ate healthy, I took vitamins, I got enough sleep, I exercised 3-4 times a week. Fed up, I was willing to try anything, other than living in a bubble.

My mom suggested adding oil of oregano to my diet. At first I thought that she wanted me to eat more Italian food to make sure I got enough oregano. She was actually suggesting that I take supplements of oregano oil in capsule form; simply adding it to my daily vitamin regimen is all it would take. My mom told me a story about my aunt who got really sick with a horrible cough and began taking oregano oil, several capsules a day. My cousin, her son, would tease her for smelling like minestrone soup. Fairly quickly my aunt recovered from her illness. In the meantime an acquaintance of hers got sick with the same illness. Assuming that it was just the common cold, she didn't do many healing procedures. My aunt's acquaintance kept getting worse and sadly, she soon passed away. My aunt continues to tell this story and is thankful that she found oregano oil when she did. She swears by it, and never caught colds from her students at the school where she taught. I, too, have come to believe in the healing powers and benefits that oregano oil has to offer.
Oregano Plant(Image)


I have been taking a daily supplement of oregano oil for more than a year, and I have not gotten sick once since I started. My diet, activity level, and environment have not changed, so I can only attribute my improved health to the oregano oil. If I am around anyone who is sick or I feel something coming on, I take a couple extra oregano oil capsules for a few days and it seems to fight off whatever was beginning to infect me.  It was such a relief to not get sick this past winter. I have been able to accomplish more througout this year, which is worth the world to me. After researching oregano, I found that  it offers a large span of health benefits. It has anti-bacterial properties, it acts as a pain-killer, anti-inflamatory, anti-allergen, anti-fungal, and  helps to prevent the common flu, eczema, and is packed with antioxidants and fiber. I guess that the Italians were smart to use this tiny herb in so many of their dishes; it is mighty powerful.


Next time you feel a cold coming on try some oregano oil supplements to help fight it off. You might be surprised. Besides, what do you have to lose?

To read more on oregano oil's health benefits click here  here, and, here. I buy my oregano oil at an affordable price on Vitacost.com; it is worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment