Adapted from Epicurious.com
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
MX seasoning mix: either Lemon Pepper or Unflavored
1 1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil, divided
4 6 to 8 ounce boneless salmon fillets
1 tablespoon dried or fresh chopped thyme
zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Prep the salmon in the Marinade Express using your choice of the Lemon Pepper or Unflavored MX seasoning for 10 minutes.Remove from the appliance and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Place salmon fillets, skin side down on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix remaining oil, thyme, and lemon zest. Spread mixture over the salmon fillets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon until opaque in center and flaky. About 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Creamy Cucumber-Fennel salad
Adapted from Real Simple
MX seasoning: Unflavored for Produce
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fennel leaves
1 seedless cucumber (or regular cucumber with seeds removed), thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Use a cucumber that has previously been prepped in the Marinade Express using the Unflavored MX seasoning for produce.
- Whisk together yogurt, vinegar, salt, pepper in a large bowl.
- Add fennel, fennel leaves, and cucumber. Toss to coat.
- Serve salmon with creamy cucumber-fennel salad. Enjoy!