A few weeks ago I had a friend from high school stop by for dinner. I hadn't seen him in two years so I wanted to make something special. I thawed some pork chops and bacon and Paul started up the charcoal grill. I have never been a big fan of pork chops because they are usually dry and flavorless.Recently my parents served me one wrapped with a strip of bacon around to add some flavor and help lock in the moisture. This little trick combined with prepping the pork chops in the Marinade Express makes pork chops my new melt-in-your-mouth favorite. A blend of red potatoes, sweet potatoes, and red onions is the perfect accompaniment.
For Pork Chops:
4 pork chops
4 pieces of bacon
salt & pepper to taste
2 to 3 sweet potatoes
2 to 3 red potatoes
1/2 red onion cut into slices
2 pats of butter
salt & pepper to taste
Directions: For Pork Chops
1) Process the pork chops in the Marinade Express for 20 minutes. I used Burgundy Pepper MX seasoning because I love the hint of spice it adds to the pork.
2) Drain and rinse the Marinade Express drum unit. Then process the bacon in the Marinade Express using the neutral MX seasoning for 10 minutes. It is important to process the bacon second because it really breaks up the fat and coats the Marinade Express drum.
3) Season the pork chops with salt & pepper or other seasonings of choice.
4) Wrap the bacon around each pork chop. Secure it with a skewer or a toothpick. If you are grilling these and using a wooden skewer or toothpick make sure that you soak the wooden skewer in water for a while so that they won't start on fire when put on the grill. Or just keep a fire extinguisher near by.
5) Cook on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes per side. Cook time may vary depending on the heat of the grill.
Directions: For Potatoes
1) Process the potatoes in the Marinade Express using a veggie MX seasoning mix for 10 minutes. This is a great way to wash off the dirt and pesticides and it eliminates the peeling process.
2) Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Cut the onions into strips.
3) Place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Add two pats of butter and salt & pepper to taste. Fold the corners of the aluminum foil to the middle so that it locks the heat in.
4) Cook potatoes on the grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.