Recipe adapted from Hyvee Seasons
8 cups of seedless watermelon
1 cup water, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup agave nectar
3 cups Sprite
1) Puree half of the watermelon in a blender.
2) Put the pureed watermelon through a fine sieve into a 3 quart container to then be put into the freezer.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 to the other half of the watermelon.
4) Stir in lime juice and agave nectar.
5) Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
6) 1 1/2 to 2 hours before serving allow the frozen watermelon to sit at room temperature. Use large fork to scrape partially thawed watermelon into a glass.
7) Add 2/3 cup of Sprite to the glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice or a lime slice and serve.
|I got a little excited and drank some before it was frozen. Although very delicious, it is better if in slushy form!|