BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Recipe Adapted from Hyvee Seasons Magazine.
Ingredients for Two Servings:
- MX Santa Fe Salsa Marinade. This marinade flavor adds the perfect kick to the chicken.
- 1 cup shredded or diced chicken
- 4 flour tortilla shells (8")
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce plus more for serving
- Fat-free plain Greek yogurt and lime wedges for serving
1. Process the chicken in the Marinade Express using the Santa Fe Salsa Marinade for 20 minutes.
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Make sure not to cook the chicken throughly because it will continue to cook in the quesadilla.
3. Sprinkle half the cheese on two of the tortilla shells. Add chicken, red pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro. Drizzle with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top each tortilla with another tortilla.
4. I used my George Foreman to cook the quesadillas on medium heat. A griddle or pan will work just as well. Grill until cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Cut the quesadillas into triangle wedges.
6. Serve with Plain Greek yogurt, BBQ sauce on the side, lime wedge, and cilantro for garnish. Some freshly made guacamole would be a wonderful topping also.