Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peachy Chicken

Sometimes simple recipes are just as savory as the most complicated ones. My roommate has a wonderful cookbook that everyone should have: Six Ingredients or Less by Carlean Johnson. It has tons of simple, healthy recipes with ingredients that you probably already have on hand. You can purchase the cookbook on Amazon here.
Peachy Chicken

Peachy Chicken

1 chicken, cut up, or 4 chicken breasts
1 can (29 oz) peach halves; save juice
3/4 cup soy sauce

Directions:

Process the chicken in the Marinade Express using the MX Teriyaki Marinade mix. You could use neutral or the Sesame Ginger Marinade to compliment the peachy flavor. I had processed the chicken in the Marinade Express the day I went grocery shopping and placed two chicken breasts each inside sandwich bags to freeze them in portions. The day I planned to make the meal I removed a bag from the freezer to thaw it. This helped to make the cooking day fantastically easy.

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Arrange chicken, skin-side down, in oil-sprayed 13x9-inch baking dish. Combine peach syrup with soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Bake 30 minutes. Turn and bake 20 minutes or until cooked through, basting frequently. During the last 10 minutes of baking add the peach halves to the chicken to warm them. Serve with peaches. Makes 4 servings.

Since I was making this dish for two of us I cut the recipe in half. Because I cut the recipe in half and had processed the chicken in the Marinade Express (which reduces the cooking time), I cooked the chicken for about 20-25 minutes. I made some brown rice to help soak up the peachy goodness. This recipe was tasty and easy; I will be making it again soon.


2 comments:

  1. Please make this for me the next time I visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought peaches and chicken are great together!

    ReplyDelete