|(Image From Amazon.com)|
Green Goddess Salad With Mint Yogurt Dressing is not your typical Green Goddess recipe. It has a perfect marriage of green veggies. The crunchy green peppers, zucchini, and green beans are perfect with the bold, spicy watercress. The mint yogurt dressing is the ultimate creamy topping; it accommodates all of the veggies, it is simple to make, and adds protein and calcium to your salad.
|The Perfect Steak & Mushrooms With Green Goddess Salad|
Green Goddess Salad With Mint Yogurt Dressing
Adapted From Delicious Salads
2 zucchini, cut into thin sticks
1 1/2 cup green beans, cut into thirds
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1 bunch of watercress
For the Dressing:
1 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt (Note, using Greek will make it very thick)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh mint
(I used peppermint because it's growing on my porch; any mint will be great)
pepper to taste
1) Cook cut zucchini and beans in a pan of lightly salted water for 7-8 minutes. Drain the water and shock the veggies in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. This also helps to keep their bright green color.
2) Mix zucchini and beans with green bell pepper strips together in a large serving bowl.
3) Add watercress on top right before serving.
4) To make the dressing, mix yogurt, garlic, and mint in a small bowl. Season with pepper to taste.
5) Put dressing into a small serving bowl with a spoon for guests to add to their salad as they wish. If there is any salad left over, it keeps fresh better if the dressing is separate from the salad.
|Green Goddess Salad With Mint Yogurt Dressing|