Processing the shrimp in the Marinade Express makes a noticeable difference with shrimp and fish. It helps to eliminate of the "fishy" smell and taste. Santa Fe Salsa MX seasoning highlights the flavors for these tacos with cilantro, tomatoes, peppers, and more. It is one of my favorite flavors to work with.
|Shrimp Tacos With Greek Yogurt Sauce|
Shrimp Tacos Adapted from My Recipes.com
MX Seasoning: Santa Fe Salsa
Mexican shredded cheese mix (or cheddar)
1 pound fresh shrimp
1/2 white onion, cut into strips
3 to 4 mini sweet bell peppers cut into strips (any colors you prefer)
8 six inch flour or corn tortillas
1 small jalapeño thinly sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- For Greek Yogurt Salsa:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Peel shrimp, removing legs and tails. Process the shrimp in the Marinade Express for 7-8 minutes.
2) While the shrimp is being processed in the Marinade Express cut up the onion, peppers, and cilantro.
3) In a large sauté pan that has been greased sauté strips of onion and peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
4) Add shrimp after the onion and peppers have cooked for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep a close eye on the shrimp; don't overcook or they will become rubbery. Remember that proteins prepped in the Marinade Express usually cook faster. Cook them just until they turn a whitish-pink color.
5) In a small mixing bowl add Greek yogurt, Cajun seasoning, salsa, cilantro, lime zest, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
6) To assemble the taco add cheese, followed by shrimp and pepper mix, then top with Greek Yogurt Salsa. Garnish with thin slices of jalapeño, if desired, and cilantro. Enjoy!