Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Perfect Steak and Mushrooms

A juicy, meaty steak prepped in the Marinade Express and grilled to perfection, with savory mushrooms on the side is my ultimate comfort food. It fills me with memoires of special summer days or celebrating my birthday. It's a time to share with family and friends. To me a good steak isn't just a way to satisfy hunger pains, it is an experience. There is no better way to enjoy a steak than when it is prepped in the Marinade Express and grilled on a charcoal grill. There is no need for A1 steak sauce if you follow this recipe. The steaks are juicy, tender, and fabulously flavorful.

The perfect steak:
Ingredients:
A good cut of steak (I used sirloin)*
MX Seasoning Prime Beef


Directions:
1) Process the steak in the Marinade Express for 5 to 10 minutes.Let it rest in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
2) Cook steak on the grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your steak cooked. Remember that the increased juiciness the Marinade Express infuses into the meat causes it to cook 20 to 30 % faster than normal, so watch your steak and do not overcook!








*There is no need to have to break the bank to enjoy a high quality steak, just look for the sales. You may need to prepare it right away or freeze it.

Delicious Steak and Mushrooms


To accompany my steak I made some savory mushrooms. I am a mushroom junkie. I love them raw in a salad, cooked in butter, and in mushroom soup. I can never get enough of them. My Aunt Mary introduced me to my new favorite way to fix mushrooms. They are just as easy but with a few extra ingredients they are scrumptious!

Ingredients:
1/2 stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, julienned
1 carton of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon, beef base (it comes in a jar)
1-2 tablespoons dry red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
1/2 teaspoon of flour (or corn starch dissolved in 1 teaspoon of the wine)

Directions:
1) In a large saucepan melt butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until it becomes fragrant.
2) Add yellow onion, cook for 2 minutes, until they begin to shrink in size.
3) Add mushrooms, stirring frequently until the mushrooms begin to brown.
4) Stir in Better Than Bouillon beef base until it is mixed well.
5) Add the red wine, one tablespoon at a time. Let the wine cook into the mushrooms a little before adding more. You can always add more wine to the mushrooms but you can't remove it once it's added.
6) Add a pinch of flour (or dissolved corn starch) and stir until the sauce thickens. I used about a 1/2 a teaspoon for my batch. Depending on proportions of ingredients, you could use more or less.
7) Serve while the mushrooms are hot; enjoy the deliciousness.

To add some greens to this meal I made Green Goddess Salad With Mint Yogurt Dressing. It has some beautiful green veggies, topped with spicy watercress and a creamy mint yogurt dressing. It was the perfect salad with this steak.



No comments:

Post a Comment