Monday, February 20, 2012

Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms

Recently, I haven't been as disgusted by asparagus as I used to be. I decided to start experimenting with it to find ways that I might like it more. I was pleasantly surprised with this dish. The crisp, sharp crunch of the asparagus marries perfectly with the spongy, soft texture of the buttery mushrooms.

Sautéed Asparagus With Mushrooms

Ingredients:

2 tbsp butter
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small bunch of asparagus, cut 
6 oz of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
salt
pepper

Directions:

1) In a medium sauce pan melt the butter. Add the garlic, cook just until it is browned. 

2) Add the mushrooms, cook 2-3 minutes, until partially browned.

3) Add the asparagus, cook until warmed but still crunchy.

4) Salt and pepper to taste.

5) Serve and enjoy. Quick, easy, healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment